Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Way Ahead!

Wednesday 5:40 p.m.
                                 You don't want to have lots of this and that going through your mind if you want to spend time in higher meditative states. You don't want to be busy when you're not meditating, or picking up stress that will stop you minding quickly calming when you hit the cushion.
                                  I miss not writing just now, and I've sometimes told myself that I should go back to it, but working to get books uploaded onto Kindle has made me realise that I was right the first time. I have to do less things, not more things. I need life to become duller and quieter.
                                  I hope if I can just put in some effort over the next couple of weeks, after that I won't have to bother with anything for a long time. I've edited the scan of the City book and now I'll have to do the same for the Cyclists. I could get away with leaving it at that, but I think I should read the book about the town of Bugs and make sure it's okay, and read the Futures book (which is already on Kindle) to convince myself that it isn't complete crap. It's a long time since I had to read that and ....
                                  I'm  going to start another blog about the bliss soon. If you look at my profile for the writing blog, you'll be able to find the bliss blog as well. A couple of the books which are going to be put on Kindle have quite a connection to meditation and maybe folk interested in those books might fancy a look at a blog about meditation. I'm not going to allow comments on the new bliss blog. But I'll keep this blog up for the usual drunken rants.
                                  I'm not long out of the bath after doing the first decent run in about a month, maybe more. Considering the length of time ... it was really good and most enjoyable. Talking about meditation to the old, toothless one as we jogged down Ravelstone Dykes, which looks gorgeous just now with the cherry blossoms all aglow, made me realise that this blog is not appropriate for jotting down stuff about meditation.
                                  Flatheids just don't get the bliss, Jack. Don't even talk about it to the too dumb to meditate, Hotboy. They're never going to meditate. They'll just grow to resent you for it. It's a shame they're all going to die like dogs, Jack. So it is, Hotboy, but that's not your fault!!
10:21 p.m.
                                   I've just set up a blog about the bliss to complement the one about the writing, and there will be no comments from the halfheids, flatheids, the evil bourgeois, the disgustingly featherbedded and bound for hell .... apart from that, I wouldn't have minded letting Mary Queen of Scots and one or two others comment on it, but I don't know how to exclude some folk and not others. It's such a liberation to be able to write about the bliss and not be held back by concerning myself about an audience of complacent evil bourgeois basturns! So bye bye, and I'll be back here to insult you later. I'm just sorry I can't take little Jack with me.
                                  Well, Hotboy, not everyone can be in two places at once. Not yet, Jack. Not yet!

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I expect there is a way to filter comments, but I don't know how to do it.

The weather has been wonderful here and I'm getting good boat time.

NaNoSkye said...

It appears you have figured out filtering. So now I am no longer MQS.

Hotboy said...

Marie! You'll always be MQS to moi! Sorry if this caused you any bother. NaNoSkye is a good one though. Hotboy p.s. We've got dullness here today and haar yesterday. This is going to be a wonderful Thursday with hours and hours of meditation. Hurrah!

zomba said...

I say!

But I only read the Comments!

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! There will still be comments here. Nobody will know about the new blog so there won't be anybody wanting to comment on it. It's something for me to get stuff right in my head. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! But if anyone comments here and I don't know who they are ... they're all getting deleted. Hotboy