Search This Blog

Saturday 9 April 2011

Downsides!

Saturday 6:25 p.m.
                            The trouble with getting so much of the bliss, and contemplating the emptiness, is that you stop bothering about stuff. Like you just don't care as much. You might as well just go and do some more of the bliss.
                            For instance, if I could be bothered enough I could go and ask a medic about the  leprosy. But  I think that with the leprosy, as will all diseases, it will get better, or it will get worse, and it probably won't stay the same for very long at all. It's not stopping me meditating. It's not sore.
                            Nobody is going to want to kiss you if you're exhibiting symptoms of  leprosy, Hotboy. There wasn't that much of a queue beforehand, Jack.
                            I think if I ever get to be sans jobbie, I'll stop washing, and changing my clothes, and stuff like that. I might seem a bit neurotic to bother about such things. You can always do the bliss. Just stop whatever else you were doing and do the bliss instead. You might become so succumbed to the bliss that you can't do anything anyway. Lolling around, zonked in absorptions, detached from the everyday. You might think this is due to affluence, but you might be able to loll about in the gutter just as effectively, if you just got the hang of it.
6.50 p.m.
                             By the way, just to show I'm not a fatalist, I've decided to cure the leprosy by rubbing it; rubbing it in little circles would be best. Hmmm? I think I'd best leave it at that.
                        

11 comments:

rob said...

Sauna. Alternating extremes of hot and cold might balance everything up. At the very least it wouldn't make things worse, unless you visit the dockland joints.

Marie Rex said...

Me thinks you should talk to a medic and make sure it isn't contagious. It is one thing to deal with something yourself, but totally another to share something unwanted in the world. Bad karma.

I think doing meditation is to help you cope in this world not just to escape it. Please don't give up washing. I suspect the DB might object.

MM III said...

I say!

I echo what Marie says about washing. Cold showers first thing in the morning - essential!

MM III

Hotboy said...

All: Being smelly helps to keep folk at bay! It's culturally induced sensitivity. We all used to pong and nobody cared. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

So you plan to bring back the medieval look for 2012?

Hotboy said...

Anony: I knew this guy at uni who didn't wash his hair. Ronald Treblin? Maybe. Ronald Trebello.He said it was bad for it. Washed out all the oils. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I have seen people who don't wash their hair, you can smell them from round the corner.. but I suppose their hair is in fine condition!

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rob said...

Washing is a scam by the cleanliness industry.

Years ago, the vet asked me how often I wash the dog. I told him - never. He congratulated me. Turned out he doesn't wash his own dog either. But he still sells overpriced dog shampoo.

Hotboy said...

Anony! More than once I have had the choice of buying shampoo or getting a number one. Always the latter. What's the point of hair when you can buy a hat?
Albert? I was asked in primary how often a dog should be washed. They said once every six months. You're right! Dogs don't wash. Elizabethans didn't wash. I'm going to stop all that as soon as I can get retired. Scabby and bits of skin falling off! What's the matter with that! Hotboy

rob said...

You could be right. The doc here said using soap could aggravate the crotch rot, which is a kind of leprosy.