Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2011

More Scanning fun!

Thursday 8:10 p.m.
                             This morning I rechecked the CD I'd used to re-install the scanner. It's the wrong CD! For a Hewlett Packard scanner alright, but not a Scanjet 3300c. Why we had the CD is a mystery since we've only ever had one scanner.
                             Anyway, I went on the net and downloaded a driver for the Scanjet 3300c and got the scanner to work again! Hurrah!
                             When it was scanning the first eighty pages, it went slow at first, I think. I suppose using HP Intelligent Scanning Software it was getting used to the font or something. Anyway, it came good in the end that time.
                             So I've spent about four hours today trying to scan the rest of the book and it's not working at all. When you try to copy the text in the scanner box, it says: "The text is too difficult to process. Try selecting a smaller area (2127)".
                             (Of course, I tried to scan other bits of text on other bits of paper, some clearer than others and it said the same thing - too difficult to process)
                              It says in one of the help topic bits that you don't need to use a border thing with text. I tried putting a border on a wee bit of the text anyway, and it didn't work. But it's a wonderful message: "Try selecting a smaller area (2127)".
                              So four hours of my wonderful Thursday has been spent on achieving bugger all!
                              I told the consigliere a year ago that he could do what he liked with my books, but I wasn't doing anything. I didn't want involved. I just wanted to meditate. I changed my mind on this when I realised I could retire anytime now and got enthused about this Kindle thing.
                              If I have to go to the jobbie on Monday and start re-typing the second half of City Whitelight ... what a drag all this Kindle stuff is turning out to be!! I won't sell any books on it anyway!!
                              Last night I decided that today I'd just do a bit of digging and meditate. This morning I had a bright idea to download another driver and this bright idea has wasted so much of my previous life. I really don't like wasting time. Anyway, it's getting dark now and I'm away to the lobby to meditate, which is what I should have done in the first place!!!
                          

2 comments:

rob said...

I too have two different HP Scanjet CDs and have on occasion reinstalled the wring one, it could be some kind of plot.

Did the DB unplug it again? Dearie me.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I wasn't a happy joe, neither I was! I hate solving problems. I hate having problems! Still, no one got killed. Hotboy