Search This Blog

Monday 18 April 2011

The unmentionables!

11:50 p.m.
                I can't remember why I can't mention the names of  stuff I've written on this bloggy ... don't want stuff to be traced to me, I suppose.
                I finished editing a scan of a book I'd written in the 70s and 80s tonight. I haven't read it for decades. It was a bit purple on the prose front and I wouldn't have written it that way these days, but I did really like it. I never thought anything of it when I was writing it, but it does have something. It's a book about a city, or a state of mind.
                I'd forgotten lots of stuff that happened in that book so reading it was a bit of a revelation. I think some members of my family kind of had me marked down as the one who had that published. Of course, I didn't publish it. Other people did that and took the money.
                Despite its faults, I did enjoy editing it at the end, or through the second half. I think I must have tried quite hard to write it. I must have concentrated really hard and cared. Where did that joe go?

5 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I find editing to be a really difficult task. But I'm not so serious about writing.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I can hardly consider myself a writer these days since I'm not working on anything at the moment, but I've always preferred re-writing to first drafts! Lovely day here today. Hope you have the sunshine where you are. Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

I have sunshine and got 2 1/2 hours of time in my boat. Life is good here.

Hotboy said...

Marie! The horrible winter is almost completely forgotten here now! Hotboy

rob said...

Reflection is almost always a good idea. If more people did that ...