Search This Blog

Thursday 21 April 2011

Wonderful Thursday!

Noon
         That's me just finished the first meditation of the day. It lasted over two hours which is unusual. I can't sit in a lotus for two hours, but if I lay the legs flat on the floor ....
          This morning I put a statcounter on my new blog about the bliss and checked it soon after. There was one visitor and that one came from the Langholm area. What a good omen! It must have someone from the Samye Ling. The only person I've told about blogging from there is Germe, the Gatekeeper to Nirvana, who mans the reception desk. Quite often when I've been down there the only person I ever speak to is Germe; to say hello when I get there and goodbye when I leave. A wee while ago he told me he'd been there seventeen years and had only left to visit the dentist. What a fortunate creature he is!!
            After lunch I'll cycle down to Tesco's and spend some of the twenty quid I've got left till I get paid next Thursday. I'm going to buy lentils and flour and such so I won't have money left for any alcohol till next Thursday. Hurrah!!
2:50 p.m.
           I bought two kilos of stoneground flour, eight onions, five bananas, and a kilo of tatties for ..... £5. No wonder Tesco's are taking over the world. Dearie me!! I could still have four bottles of German beer tonight. Boo!
9:15 p.m.




          
        I went to meditate up at the allotment this afternoon. Sat outside the hut with my back to the post which holds up the wires the raspberries cling to. Then I sat there with my cardigan over my head because I didn't want to face the sun any longer. The old doll up to the right is a real asset. She talks. She's the best of the English accented middle classes you find in EH4. Between sittings I watered the tatties. She engaged me in conversation. She said the steam rising off the tattie rows just showed how hot the sun was today. Then it grew cold and I came home and found the consigliere waiting at my door.

       The first tattie leaves have started to show just as the daffodils have started to die away. Such is life. One of the photies if of shallots, I think. Cherry blossom and apple blossom. Life accelerates at such a pace at this time of year; it so dynamic, you can't keep pace. The winter seems so stable by comparison. When you live among and just with the pavements and the buildings, you don't notice all this stuff. Nature. Everything is so happening just now that you wish you had more eyes and could freeze it for a while maybe.
        The consigliere came round this evening and uploaded two books onto Kindle. That's three done, only seven to go!

8 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I repotted peppers yesterday and artichokes. They do rather well up here.

I've still got some daffodils blooming and my trees are starting to leaf out finally.

We have been suppose to get a Tesco on the island. I keep hoping, we could use a break from the Co-op

Hotboy said...

Marie! I don't know why you had to turn into NanoSkye. You weren't posting anonymous posts. These computery things are beyond me! Anyway, the trees here are full of leaves, almost completely out most of them. How far behind in the seasons do you reckon Skye is? Two weeks? So long as the sky is clear, where you live is gorgeous of course! Hotboy

rob said...

Poor you having to drink all that German beer. Frohe Ostern!

NaNoSkye said...

I expect it is closer to 3 weeks behind out here. My trees are just sprouting leaves.

Hotboy said...

Marie! That's like being in another country. It's amazing the difference a few hundred miles makes! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? Apart from zeig heil and handy hoc, I don't understand German. Oh no, Achtung!! What's def, dight, def, dight, def dight in German? Hotboy

rob said...

Can you or can you not do ra goosestep?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I could goosestep with the best of them! That's the way to do it! Hotboy