Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2011

The End of Scanning!



Friday 1:40 a.m.
                        I eventually got the damn computery scanner succubus to work this evening (after much travailing!) and have just finished scanning the Whitelight book. Of course, it was written by another joe since all my molecules have gone and been replaced several times since then. But I could see why it was published (thought it is a bit purpley!) as I looked at bits here and there. I did care about that book. I should have re-written it another twice, but it is what it is.
                       I heard on the radio that birds would never nest in a hole facing North. I wonder why. The wee bird box was facing north and, the first time I put it out, it was occupied almost immediately. But today I moved it round the hut and it now faces west. Because the west is the best. I planted two more beds of onions today.
                        You want something scanned, Jack? Just give it to me. I'll have to scan the Cyclists next and then I won't scan anything for ages, and the next time I have to do it, I'll have forgotten all I learned over the past week or so, and I'll hate having to learn about all this nonsense again. Well, such is life!
                        The wren's nest inside the hut is now fully formed, dry and awaiting an egg layer. I hope it gets one. The blossoms are coming out on a wee tree outside the hut. Can anybody guess what they are from?

4 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I don't think the birds read the magazines. Neat pics. No clue on the flowers, but they are pretty.

Well done on the scanning.

Hotboy said...

Marie! It's the start of the apple blossoms! Hotboy

rob said...

I wonder if you could keep chickens in the flat, when the kid moves out. Turn a room into a small business. Use the manure at the allotment. This advice is for free.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm a vegetarian! But I'd like to keep chickens up the allotment. So would the foxes. Hotboy