Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Almost the end of the usual diggings!







Tuesday 9.53 p.m.
                            The second last photie is all that remains of the usual diggings. This year I may dig out the central path and try to bolster the edges, but as far as the usual diggings are concerned, well, there's only yon wee bit at the corner left. This kind of stuff is a bugger to dig out. You have to lift a clod out with the fork and then bounce the earth up and down until the couch grass and its roots are separated out. Then you throw that stuff onto the wee hillock of similar stuff in the bottom photie. The couch grass was much worse to deal with this year since the plot was a bit neglected last autumn due to the to-ing and fro-ing to Newmains, etc.
                            I've been digging the plot now since mid-February. Two months. Dearie me! There's nothing as humbling!
                            I changed the setting on the camera to automatic focusing to take those blurred flower photies and, of course, it made no bloody difference. Skies, yes! Flowers, no!
                            Since I'm sober and straight again, I'll meditate until the Domestic Bliss gets home from the singing and dancing.

4 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I think you are too close to the flowers, try moving back a few inches.

The sky pics are lovely.

Well done on your digging. I expect you'll have good crops this year.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'll try that, but it won't just be a photie of a flower then. I don't understand it. Glad the sky ones work though! Maybe not today as it is just grey just now. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

RTFM.

This will help us all a lot.

MM III

rob said...

Mingers and Hotters. I find that usually helps, but some unfortunates are too dumb to RTFM.