Search This Blog

Sunday 22 April 2012

Mare work!!






Sunday 4.46 p.m.
                           I made the mistake today of looking at my emails and discovered that someone was hacked off about the amount of typos in the book about the future being ancient. What a pain in the neck!! The consiglieri and I uploaded that book a year or so before the others, didn't put a proper cover on it or anything. Just to see if there was any point really. There didn't seem to be then. The other books were put up as quickly as I could get them up and with little grace, I must admit. I thought there might be an off chance that I might make some money from them, and, really, there was no life in them otherwise. But I assumed the first book was alright, and it wasn't. I didn't even remember that it hadn't been proof-read. So this morning I had to delete it.
                           This means I'm going to have to re-read the damn thing and correct the mistakes that were made in the scanning, and all. This is a big pain in the neck since the bloody thing won't make any money anyway and .... I was reading the Dalai Lama today up the allotment and he was saying that you have to ask yourself if you've done enough practise at certain points in your life, and I know I haven't.
                            What blinking use is having these books up on Kindle doing me? It just wastes my time. I really thought I could put those books up on Kindle and just walk away from the whole writing thing and really concentrate on the meditations, but it hasn't worked out like that at all. Always, always, it pulls you back in.
                             After I've corrected the bloody thing, I'll then have all the fun of finding out how to upload stuff again, and how to do this and do that. Dearie, dearie me!!!
                              The boss was up at the allotment this afternoon. It's been a gorgeous day (well, once I got out!) and I finished the last wee bit of sod busting, and she made the ... construction. I'm looking forward to having a fried egg on a bit of bread and a wee nap. Might as well get pissed tonight again!! Dearie me!!

3 comments:

rob said...

My old man worked as a proofreader, and I take after him, so I could have sent you a list of typos as I was reading your books, if I had thought you were bothered. Does that help?

rob said...

Why not offer your irate commenter a cut of the royalties if they send you a corrected version?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I had a very nice correspondence with the irate reader and she'll look at the book again and probably review it once its back up! Also, every book has mistakes in it. Typesetters used to make mistakes. It's whether there's enough to bother folk! All the a's turning into o's would bother anybody!!! But I'm over the aggravation now and will read through the book in the evenings, probably! Hotboy