Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Where's the beef?






Tuesday 9.41 p.m.
                             Spectacular skies on the way to the hut this evening!
                             This morning I had a vivid dream. I was passing a skip full of meat, just an awful lot of red meat. There was a decapitated human head in the skip as well. I guess this might be because I sometimes call meat eaters cannibals. (I know you can't eat vegetable, Marie! And the Dalai Lama is not a vegetarian, I've read.)
                              Anyway, I found this young owl sitting abandoned in a field and I tried to train it to come and fly to my forearm. To do this I used wee bits of meat.
                              When I was a kid, my brother saved a couple of birds of prey after they fell out of nests, etc. They lived in tree down our garden until they either got eaten by cats or were strong enough to be taken back to the wild. He had at least two owls and a kestrel hawk up yon tree at various times.
                               Buddhist tantric practitioners eat meat. They sometimes use alcohol as well, I think. And have sex. Yab-yum.
                               Of course, I'm not a proper tantric practitioner, but I was wondering if the dream was telling me that I should start eating meat again.(To help control the bird of prey!), but I can't really afford to eat meat anyway. But I could eat it sometimes.
                               Apparently, you shouldn't eat meat unless you're at a stage when you can handle the vibes. Like you shouldn't eat onions or garlic. Yogic food rules. Hmmm.
                               Brian Wilson, of course, always has a pig's face half chewed and hanging out of his jacket pocket and he probably thinks he can handle what meat does to his mind. Of course,  some of us are a bit more sensitised to thoughts and how the arise, abide and decline than some others of us!!

7 comments:

rob said...

Sensible analysis of the dream. However, Doc Bob would be looking at other types of carnality. Especially if you already take in enough meat down at the docks.

Hotboy said...

Albert? "Other types of carnality"? Do you mean mince? Thought not. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I never thought of dreams as any more than my brain doing a clean out of weird stuff that gathered in closets in there.

The dream was just the easy way of getting the nonsense out of your head.

Hotboy said...

Marie! You're probably right about dreams. We're as ignorant about dreams as we are about everything else!! Odd that we remember some and not others though. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

This made me think of you today...

http://www.gocomics.com/roseisrose?ref=comics

Hotboy said...

Marie! Thanks for that. Made me smile! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Well, the owl is obviously the umpire, the skip is the scoreboard, the decapitated human head is what happened when you bowled a bouncer and the Aussie batsman didn't duck quickly enough. We've all had the same dream, you know.

MM III