Search This Blog

Sunday 1 April 2012

Delights!




















Sunday 5.47 p.m.
                          I was playing this spanish guitar on Thursday night well after the mother-in-law had gone to bed. I was drunk. I was stoned. At one point I came back to myself and told myself to remember how delighted I felt. Beaming in delight. Beaming in delight, so I was.
                           I had a wonderful afternoon today. The Domestic Bliss had a birthday and we met the kiddo down at a place called Roseleaf, near the end of the cycle path I go on to meet the old cycling toothless  one. I had a brunch. We walked back down the cyclepath, which was weird and a wonderment. Get out of  the city, but stay in the city. The Northern Edinburgh Cycle Pathway is not so freaky when there are folk walking down it. Otherwise, you know you'll meet trolls, and horrible things.
                          What I'm trying to say is that normally I hate just about everything, but I loved today and I loved pausing in the delight whilst playing the spanish guitar on Thursday.
                           I think this might be something to do with ra bliss poking out, but it may be the introduction of the Mega B Complex pills.
                           There's someone I know who knows everything about medicine because he was at medical school for a year once and took enough from that to feed all the worries you could possibly have about yourself forever. Unfortunately, due to the brutal calvinist toilet training he had to undergo he will not say what he knows but tries to please people. So I will not ask him about the pills I accidentally bought, but here are some of the stats.
                         B1        RDA   9,000%
                         B2        RDA    7,000%

The RDA is recommended daily allowance. Not recommended daily amount. Allowance. So this is the same as any B complex pill except there's tons more of the B stuff in there.
                        Of course, I got sold the pills because I am a good customer and didn't look at the amounts in this pill until I got home.
                        What's going on, Jack? Well, Hotboy, once they got a mouse and gave it enough vitamin B to  re-float the Titanic and then noticed that it wasn't as demented as they thought it might be. Hail the mega B pillis. It's legal. It's safe, as far as we know. One minute you think you might not have enough B12, and the next you're taking 700 times more vitamin B12 than the RDA every day.
                          Wonderful! At last! Linus Pauling said you needed to take trainloads of vitamin C. As long as it's cheap!!!
                           Things have been a wee bit odd since I started taking these pills, but I'm maybe sensitive due to the mindfulness juju and all, but I think they're plus. Didn't docs ever give folk shots of vitamin supplements to get over their bad habits. Was it vitamin B or not?
                            But it was a lovely afternoon. With my family. With anybody. Usually, it's just more dukka, but that's because they don't drink or do drugs and aren't really all that interesting. But it was good today.

3 comments:

Hotboy said...

The reason why you have to have a time on the photies, and a date, is because it is a journey. Though I will never look at the photies again and neither will anyone else. But, if you did, you'd know when they were snapped. Hotboy

rob said...

I believe you're saying the cycle path leads to the docks. No wonder it reminds you of horrible things. You're too modest if you think the pauses in your guitar playing are the best part. I'm sure the endings are every bit as good.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What about the vitamin B mega pill? Will I die or not? Hotboy