Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Dreaming!


Wednesday 11.16 a.m.
                                    The kiddo and her boyfriend were round last night and I had a bottle of collapso.
                                     Did you just have one bottle, Hotboy? No beer? No, Jack, I'm tapering off!
                                     Actually, if folk are round here, you can't train or meditate, so what the hell are you supposed to do?
                                      Today I wakened up just after four and started meditating at five. Then I had a wee lie down again after breakfast and dozed on and off till half ten. It's a great life this being unemployed but not completely skint, so it is!
                                       I'm lying in the yoga nidra position on top of the duvets and I tell myself I'm going to dream and I'll know I'm dreaming. You do the bliss and drift off. I'm going down the Calder Road in Mossend and take a jump and manage to stay off the ground and go down the hill like that and round the corner, and down the hill again that is Orbiston Drive, the street where I was born. I'm dead pleased with this. And I waken up, but I'm still knackered (since I was up so early!), so I do the same again: tell myself I'm going to dream, etc.
                                         This time I'm with the same crew, but we're in the beautiful, wonderful city. The Domestic Bliss is hustling me to go to this gathering which turns out to be in a big flat full of weird, Hare Krishna hippy types. Some of the not very attractive women there were wearing the long skirts and all, and some had painted faces and were acting a bit oddly.
                                           There was an irritating chanting record on and I tried to close my eyes and do the bliss, but someone asked me if I'd like my back massaged. So I said okay and she sat behind me and ended up pressing five acupuncture points, so sent the bliss ballistic. I asked if we could go out into the yard and try to fly. This time I went right up and the city looked gorgeous, as it does sometimes, and when I came back down was most happy. I told the woman I'd like that massage again, and tried to get her to agree for the next day. She indicated two folk who were necking close by and said she'd like the meeting to go something more like that, and because of this I had to make my excuses and waken up.
                                            I've been having a lot of vivid, not lucid, dreams recently. This might be because I've been drinking more since I gave up the pizza. Dream yoga is one of the six yogas of Naropa. Flying dreams are, of course, very common. It's been a great morning so far!!!
                                             The photies were taken out of the side and back windows yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Well done for getting past breakfast before you dozed off for the first time.

When I get to your age, I'm hoping that I can at least wait until the opening batsmen take guard before dozing off. It wouldn't do to be woken up and asked the score, and all you can respond is:

"Eh? Who's batting first?"

MM III

rob said...

What an embarrassing dream. Thank goodness you managed to wake up before things got out of hand.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Perfect routine when you wake up at four and then dose off again at before nine! I haven't had a nap since, but I may have one about five!! That's why I'm going to outlive Methuselah!
Albert? I think if you can master the lucid dreaming, you make them as embarrassing as you like! Hotboy